Software Engineer in Games
Here at Cortopia Studios, we are looking for a Software Engineer who wants to join our development team. You will work across different projects in our company, mostly in the Unity game engine. This means you should enjoy to work with games technology. If you show an interest or have in the past already been working with R&D this would be very beneficial, since we strive to work with latest technology trends.
Cortopia Studios is an independent development studio of VR and AR game experiences. Mostly known for our VR game “Wands” we are also working on unannounced projects and have ambitious plans for the future. We are located very central in Stockholm at Medborgarplatsen and provide our employees a competitive salary and other benefits like a pension plan and allowance for wellness activities and more.
In this role you will be an important part of a motivated development team, implementing new features of our game titles or extending existing ones. We are a small but growing game development studio, providing interesting challenges and more than enough opportunities for yourself to grow and take ownership and responsibility of certain features. Since we are a small team, we also provide all the necessary infrastructure that we utilize for our daily work.
Tasks can therefore spawn from networking over gameplay, to build automatization or backend engineering. You are not required to have knowledge or experience in all of these areas, but it would be great if you show interest to explore new areas of work.
Please provide us with information about your previous project experience or example work and some information why you would be a great addition to our team. Here at Cortopia we work together and support each other in our endeavour of creating amazing gaming experiences in for example virtual reality or augmented reality.
- Develop code in C# and the Unity engine
- Willing to explore other technical areas like backends or network code
- Provide scripting solutions to improve our working environment
- Write clean and qualitative code as part of a development team
- Be able to work independently on problems while reporting on blocking issues
- You should have previous project experience in Unity projects, at best 1-2 years
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent
- Acquired some knowledge in code design and the requirements of game technology
- Experience in C#, C++ or a related programming language
- Being able to work in a development team
- Experience with code versioning systems like git
- Experience in the VR / AR industry is a plus
- Experience with R&D projects is very beneficial
- Experience with network / backend systems would be greatly appreciated
- Self-directed, focused, and detail-oriented
- Problem solver
- Gets things done and not afraid to get your hands dirty
We strive for a more gender equal workplace and highly encourage
people of all gender identities to apply for this role.