Cortopia is looking for a Technical Animator that will work on both exciting products and new games. You will be responsible for adding the motion and human touch to our experiences. We are looking for an experienced animator that will take responsibility and own everything in the animation area and help secure quality deliverables while educating the rest of the team of best practice and what good looks like.
Requirements & Experience
Experience creating animations for both in-game behavior as well as predefined sequences.
Creating animation with a good sense of realistic movement, physics and animation principles.
- Good understanding of rigging and skinning
- Ability to work efficiently with clean scenes and consistent naming
- Experience working with FK / IK switches
- Experience with Expression editor and / or MEL/Python scripting for rigs
- Experience working with joint orientation and avoiding gimbal locks
- Ability to set up all types of animation clips with states and transitions
- Understanding of animation layering with overrides and additive setup
- Nothing is impossible-mindset
- Drive to break new grounds
- Problem solver
- Long term interest in technical animation
- Gets things done and not afraid to get your hands dirty
We strive for a more gender equal workplace and highly encourage
people of all gender identities to apply for this role.